29 Jan “When Things Don’t Work Out the Way You Want”
There is a great amount of disappointment when things don’t work out as you wanted them to. For instance, the times you prayed and prayed and begged God that someone wouldn’t die. However, they did die. You have prayed and prayed for healing, and yet you are still sick. There have been times I asked God if He would allow me to pastor a certain church. His silence on my request, or a clear cut, “No!” was extremely disappointing. Can you imagine how the families and individuals feel from Boulder County who were burnt out of their homes? They lost all their material possessions. If you are all about things, the whole tragic loss is devastating. Even if you are not all about things, losing your home, your private sanctum, is harsh.
- Tell your Heavenly Father all about your disappointments.
- Don’t get bitter or mad at God. Psalm 16:2
- Confess you are longing for something else more than Him.
1 John 1:9
- Plead with the Holy Spirit to change your heart and strengthen your faith. Ask God to let you experience Jesus as your all satisfying. John 6:35
- Find Scriptures that promise you that He is your total satisfaction.
- Philippians 4:13 & 19. Matthew 6:33
- Compile a list of verses that you pray out loud everyday. They will cleanse your spirit and fill you with faith.
- Pray the verses until you feel God’s Spirit changing your inner man.
- … and having done all of the above …
“Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, TO STAND.” Ephesians 6:13