28 Aug “The Eyes of the Lord”
Nothing, I repeat, nothing, escapes the Eyes of the Lord. This means that everything that happens is in the oversight of God Himself. I was surprised how many times The Eyes of the Lord appears in the Bible.
- “Noah did right in the eyes of the Lord.”
- “Asa did right in the eyes of the Lord.”
- “The eyes of the Lord are in every place.”
- “For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord.”
- “The eyes of the Lord is on those who fear Him.”
- “The Lord has made bare His Holy Arm, in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.”
- “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers, BUT the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”
- “The eyes of the Lord is in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.”
- “Omri did evil in the eyes of the Lord…”
- “Behold, the eyes of the Lord are on the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from the face of the earth…”
I gather from the above verses that God is watching everything on Earth, especially the righteousness, or evil, that man commits. God has an awareness of the depravity of our nation, the wickedness of human hearts that lay in rebellion against His commands.
God sees the injustices against people. God has compassion on those who are solitary and lonely. He sees the despair of those in Afghanistan as they try to escape the wrath of the Taliban. God understands the grief of a parent who has learned their teenage child was discovered after having hung themself.
God Sees Everything!