01 Sep “Labor Day”
Colossians 3:17: “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
“Grandpa, work is going all right but the people I work with … They’re a bunch of turkeys.”
How is work going? “It’s going okay, but the boss is wanting me to misrepresent the facts and figures on quarterly reports.”
“No one seems to want to work except me, and then my coworkers get on my case because I’m working too hard, and that makes them look bad.”
“You know I really don’t like what I’m doing. It’s boring and doesn’t suit me!”
Worker: “This is really hard! It’s even dangerous!” Boss: “That’s why we call it work. My job is even worse! I have to put up with complaints from all you workers!”
“Work! I either have too much, or too little. Why can’t I have a job with no surprises?”
“Now you preachers …You have it made! All you do is sit around and pray and read your Bible, and prepare one or two speeches a week!”
- See everyday work as a service for God “…Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31
- Serve God wherever you work. “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.” Col. 3:23
- Don’t Brag on the job about Jesus — It turns co-workers off.
- Don’t Nag — Carrying a big Bible under your arm and preaching at everyone won’t win many converts.
- Don’t Lag — Do your work and do it well.
- Don’t Sag — Meaning, don’t lapse into your old habits of cussing, swearing, lying and cheating.
- Make a choice to be cheerful — Your face gives great testimony.
- Choose to look forward — Life is more than a job, but its not much of a life if you can’t work so you can afford a family, house, hobbies, etc.
- Spend your paycheck wisely — It’s not always about how much you earn, but how wisely you budget your paycheck, including TITHES.
- Pray about your job, your bosses, coworkers — Ask the Lord to make you a blessing.
- Be thankful for your job — You could be on a street corner begging for food! OR looking into the eyes of your hungry children!
Enjoy Your Labor Day!