24 Jul “Confidence”
Good Morning! I am so glad you are in the House of God this morning. We are currently serving Missions in Africa. I know you will love Chris & Lessie Simms, who are your pastors for today. They are awesome people of God. We will be back next Sunday!
I want to highlight the word, “CONFIDENCE,” for it is something we desperately need in today’s world.
Dictionary Definition: Confidence = the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.
- Confidence is assurance, and self-possession. While all these words mean “a state of mind or a manner marked by easy coolness and freedom from uncertainty, diffidence, or embarrassment,” confidence stresses faith in oneself and one’s powers without any suggestion of conceit or arrogance.
Biblical References: “Now this is the CONFIDENCE that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to His Will, He hears us. If we know He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we ask of Him.” 1 Jn. 5:14-15
“It is better to trust in the Lord than to have confidence in man.” Ps. 118:8
Christian Perspective on Building Confidence
- Avoid “downers”: I believe one of the biggest “downers” in today’s world is NEWS! Do I think we should be aware of what is happening in the world? Of course, but If you leave CNN, ABC, Fox News, etc. on for many hours a day, you will become depressed.
- Start your day with Jesus: “Early in the morning will I seek Him.” Get your nose in the Word. Choose a promise for the day. Share it with everyone you have conversation with. Develop a set of God’s promises that you read everyday.
- Quit slouching! The “hang dog” face, and the slumped shoulders allows the devil to pounce on you. Buck it up, Christian! Hold your head high. Smile. Be confident! You do know who you are: A Child of God — Jesus thought you were worth dying for — You know where you are going: HEAVEN! “Forever Land!” You know how you are going to get there. Jesus paved the way to Heaven through His own Blood.
- God gave you a mission, a plan for your life: Seek to know why Jesus placed you on this earth.
You are some kind of special! Act like it!