24 Apr “What is it Going to Take?”
My Dear Ones,
I just want to write you a letter today. First of all, I wish to say thank you to Kenny and Paul Martin for putting so much effort forth on Saturday, May 17, to replace all but two toilets in the church facility. After 20 years, several of the toilets were just plain getting old. It was time. Then there was Jim and Connie Salazar, who helped clean up after the old toilets were taken out of the church.
On Sunday, the people of Living Waters Ministries were awesome, as they gave Sarah’s Home and Daniel’s Home over $2000 for an offering, plus over $100 per month to support ministries to trafficked girls and boys. Amazing, and thank you so much.
When I see you put forth great effort, I have to say, “You all are awesome!” Now, we need to channel those efforts into doing the most difficult stuff. Like what, you ask?
- Church Attendance — I know we all can’t attend everything that happens in church, but honestly, we could do more. We do our very best to preach and serve with all that we have.
- Don’t Get Discouraged — All over the world, pastors and churches are dropping like flies. “I quit!” many say. They are just giving up! The devil wants you to think that you and your church are the only ones going through dismal attendance, etc. Paul warned us, “Don’t be weary in well doing.”
- Prayer at church — We ALL should walk into church, go to the altar, get on our knees and pray before service opens! Most of the time, 75% of people come in between 10:20 and 10:35. Unless our church has a more concentrated effort in unified prayer, the CHURCH SHALL REMAIN THE SAME!
- Fasting — Let us make it our goal to fast a meal, two or more in a week. Read Isaiah 58. It is the only way to break the bonds of the “oppressor,” Satan.
- Enlarge your scope of view — This isn’t just about Living Waters Church, but about a community that is dead as a doornail to spiritual matters. Further, this affliction is Salida, Chaffee County, Colorado, and the world. We should be so very heavily burdened for our communities, counties, US, Congress, Presidential administration, and our world.
Please, please, please I beg you: Fall in love with Jesus so deeply that sin drops off of you. Fall in love with people so much that you will pray and witness until they are snatched from the burning flames of hell.
P.S.: We Love You!
Pastor Stan & Gevena