17 Mar “Right Place? Right Time?”
I am sure you have heard of people who got “lucky.” They just seemed to be in the right store and bought a lottery ticket, or they were in a drawing that required them to be on site at the time of the drawing. They just happened to be in that store about the time someone was calling their number out, and they won! Have you thought: “That could have happened for anyone who had been there at that specific time!”
Who else was at the right place at the right time?
Baby Moses: He was in a basket in the crocodile infested waters of the Nile River. He was safe, because he was in the right place at the right time. Eighty years later, Moses had been in preparation mode, and just happened by a burning bush when God said, “Surprise! You are on ‘Holy Ground!’ You win! You get to lead 1.5 million people through the desert for 40 years while they gripe and complain to you!”
Joseph: He just happened to be in prison when a dream needed to be interpreted! Exalted to 2nd in command in the country, Joe saved the world when they were in terrible famine! Just think … that could have been you! But, who wants to go through what Joseph did?
David: He found himself in a fight with a lion who came after his sheep. Then there was the bear attack. He survived both skirmishes. Then there was giant Goliath. I know … You are thinking, “I could have done that, if I had been where David was!”
Jesus: He came “in the fullness of time,” and then, He was crucified!
- Each man went through considerable troubles to be used by God at the right time, at the right place.
- It was a considerable cost to each individual to be God’s man when God needed them most,
- “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Psalm 37:23 NLT
- This road you are traveling is God’s way of pruning your life, until you are at maximum usefulness in His Kingdom.
- Difficulties? Absolutely. Disappointments? For sure … and there will be many. Decisions? Yes! Many will be difficult to make, and then you may not be sure they were right, but you chose to believe that the Lord directed your steps, and that He was/is guiding you.
- Your greatest usefulness may also be your greatest challenge! Will it be worth it? If it is for His Kingdom, absolutely!
- Practice contentment when you are going through the desert times. Sometimes “desert” can become “dessert” and we see the sweetness of God in how He rescues us.